Darryl was my instructor for my private pilot license. Here are the main reasons I find Darryl Kalthof to be an excellent Instructor and would highly recommend working with him:
Has a plan
- Darryl starts your journey as a student pilot with an extensively detailed syllabus and plan of attack. This allows the student to know exactly what to expect to best plan for schedule and which topics to study
- Each lesson progresses while building on the previously learned skills
Is very experienced
- Darryl has over 14000 hours of flight experience. As a very experienced instructor Darryl is able to see each individual’s strengths and weaknesses; he can help you focus on the right areas.
- He is deeply knowledgeable in both the practice and theory of flight. This gave me confidence that I was learning the right procedures and process.
Does not settle for just okay
- Darryl is quite demanding on making sure his students perform each skill to the best of their ability. Darryl does not quit until the student fixes or improves on deficient areas of flight.
- It’s quite important to find an instructor that you get along with. Darryl was cool enough to take my wife and my dad on flights around the bay as well.
I highly recommend Darryl, if you are an aspiring pilot who is committed to learning. As a private pilot, I look forward to continuing to learn from Darryl as I progress through my aviation adventures.